25 September, 2013

Outdoor Painter: Why You Should Take an iPad Into the Field

An application on an iPad or similar tablet allows an artist to create a usable plein air study in 15 minutes. "It's warp speed," says noted wildlife artist David Rankin. "What else can you do in that amount of time?" Rankin has sold digital art to collectors, but it isn't his main focus. He's an accomplished watercolorist. But he finds that his iPad loaded with the Paper app by the company Fifty Three is an essential tool for field work. "Because you are working so fast, you can try out ideas really quickly," says Rankin. "If I like something I've sketched on my iPad, I can just take my watercolors out and paint it. I take both tools outside."

Read more: Outdooor Painter



found via: Michael Anderson

No comments: